Wednesday 13 June 2012

Not Long Now

Ye Old Thames


Reels loaded, tackle checked and only a couple of days till the start of the river season and I must say  with the forecast for more unsettled conditions it looks like it might be rather good for a Barbel or two.  I'm looking forward to this season more than ever, as I will be fishing some new areas on the Thames that look to hold promise of a nice variety of fish as well as once again targetting that intimate and simply beautiful river that is the Loddon.






The pictures were taken when we had that nice hot spell of weather (seems a while ago) and this is one of the areas on the Thames that I will be fishing, a lovely stretch with a plethora of features that all look very tempting. With the current rainfall I suspect that I will be looking for some nice slack marginal areas, I have to say I can't wait to sink my teeth into this season and I hope everyone else who has been looking forward to the opening day has a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Anyway I'm off now to triple check my tackle...

4 comments:

  1. Just been exploring a new stretch of the Warwickshire avon ready for Saturday .......CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

    The glorious 16th long may it continue......


    Baz Peck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Baz,

      there is something very special about the opening day of the river season. All the best of luck to you and I look forward to reading about your endeavours.

      Delete
  2. Good luck for the new season Mark, hope its a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave,I'm looking forward to some wildlife and nice scenery and if a few fish decide to come my way too then that's a bonus.

      Delete