Sunday 29 July 2012

Head Scratching And Gut Instincts

I have been out on two trips recently, deciding to fish late evening till early morning, overnight trips only and must say this area of the Thames has been screaming "fish" at me.

My gut feeling has been a good one, you know the kind of vibe and feel we get as anglers, when something feels spot on or not and we then decide to move swims, or pick one swim above another. Sometimes that feeling can work rather well and at other times it can confuse decisions and cloud logical choice. Alas both my overnight trips have resulted in blanks, on the plus side I have found a nice area for Roach, given some of the bites I was receiving on boilies, which certainly will be appealing when I eventually wish to target them, however as I write this, I must admit to wearing my hair thin from head scratching and wondering, I think that I may have jumped the gun and gone down the wrong route with these recent swim choices, so once again it's back to the drawing board and some much needed groundwork. Either way, if and when I do eventually get on some fish, I will certainly appreciate it a lot more. Fingers crossed for a better gut instinct too!

4 comments:

  1. Mark,as Winston Churchill once said "If you're going through hell, keep going".
    But easy on the head scratching eh, or wear a hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very apt quote Richard, Not so sure I can afford the cost of wearing hats out due to scratching though mate!

      Delete
  2. Follow those instincts Mark, they are rarely wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave I would do, but if you saw where I was fishing and well you can get some idea from the pictures, I am spoilt for choice and every swim looks inviting, I am running the risk of being led up the garden path by being tempted to try each one, but a very beautiful garden path at that.

      Delete